The following three events with road closure will be held this weekend, June 2 – 3, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
Family Fun Fit: Kids of Steel Triathlon (bike race)
This video presents “kids of steel 09”
- coming down the hill before the run
“Family Fun Fit was born from the idea of wanting children to be physically active having both the support and involvement of their families. Along the way we have developed our races, daily Fitness Classes and our Beaches Triathlon Club.”
8TH Annual East End Kids of Steel Triathlon And Adult Try A Tri
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Birchmount Community Centre
RACE STARTS AT 0830-YOUNGEST TO OLDEST
- This event is fun for the entire family with swim-bike-run categories from ages 3-5 , all the way up to Adults.
- Each participant receives the same finishers medal and applause.
- Come out and cheer on the kids and then they can do the same for you!!
Online Registration is now closed.
- Registration closes Wed May 30 at 6pm Or First 500 registered participants.
Family Fun Fit – Kids of Steel Triathlon (bike race) Road Closure
- The westbound lanes of Kingston Road, from Danforth Avenue to Birchmount Road, will be closed on Saturday, June 2 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Raising funds for SickKids Hospital and PCD Research
Sunday, June 3, 10 a.m.
Maya’s March raises funds to benefit SickKids hospital and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD) research.
- Maya’s March is a 5 km walk beginning at 21 Conlins Road at 10 a.m.
For Maya’s March:
- along the route there will be
- water available
- way farers to guide you
- plenty of good friends by your side
- also, the Walk will be followed by a BBQ with live band The Phil & John Show, and a silent auction!
The Proceeds of Maya’s March
- Money raised through Maya’s March will be directed to PCD research at SickKids Hospital.
- Research into PCD is extremely difficult because there is such a lack of knowledge of it (therefore, many misdiagnoses) and there is such a small population.
- The PCD Clinic at SickKids is the only one in in the country.
- SickKids Hospital’s goal is to raise enough money to advance research into PCD, perhaps setting up a fund to enable families from across the country to be able to access the expertise at SickKids.
- Last year SickKids Hospital raised $13,000.
- This year the goal is $15,000.
Maya’s March with Road Closure:
- Conlins Road, from Ellesmere Road to Military Trail, will be closed on Sunday, June 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Becel Heart & Stroke Ride For Heart
This video presents “Why we ride” for the 2012 Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart:
The 25th anniversary Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart is about:
- helping extend the lives of all Canadians via 13,000 cyclists participating in Canada’s largest charity cycling event
- cycling traffic-free along the Gardiner Expressway and Don Valley Parkway
- fundraising to support vital research and programs to help eliminate heart disease and stroke
- a movement that is helping Canadians live longer, fuller lives
The 2012 Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart is sold out and registration to ride on June 3, 2012 has closed.
2012 Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart: Road Closures
- On Sunday, June 3 from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- An alternative route to use instead of the Gardiner Expressway is Lake Shore Boulevard.
- Alternative routes to use instead of the DVP are:
- Bayview Avenue
- Leslie Street or
- Don Mills Road
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
May 30, 2012
Weekend events with road closures in Toronto
Three special events this weekend will involve road closures. Residents and visitors are encouraged to come out and enjoy these events. Businesses in the areas affected are open to pedestrian traffic but some roads will be closed to vehicles.
Festivals and other special events are important to the city, injecting hundreds of millions of dollars annually into Toronto’s economy, and they are enjoyed each year by local residents.
In addition to road closures related to special events, there is a significant amount of road work taking place in the city. People are encouraged to take public transit as a greener, faster and more affordable way of getting to their destinations.
Those who need to drive in the general vicinity of special events should allow extra time to get to and from their destination. A more complete list of events and road work is available at
Family Fun Fit, Kids of Steel Triathlon (bike race)
The westbound lanes of Kingston Road, from Danforth Avenue to Birchmount Road, will be closed on Saturday, June 2 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Conlins Road, from Ellesmere Road to Military Trail, will be closed on Sunday, June 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Becel Heart and Stroke Ride for Heart
• The Gardiner Expressway will be closed from Carlaw Avenue to the Humber Bridge and the Don Valley Parkway will be closed from Highway 401 to the Gardiner Expressway on Sunday, June 3 from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate the Ride for Heart event.
• An alternative route to use instead of the Gardiner Expressway would be Lake Shore Blvd. Alternative routes to use instead of the DVP would be Bayview Avenue, Leslie Street or Don Mills Road.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.7 million people. Toronto’s government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may also want to know:
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country
- TTC 2012: More Popular Routes’ Services-Starts May 6; No Subway Service Between Warden & Kennedy-May 12-13; LRT Update
- Put Food In The Budget Campaign Tour Starts Apr.19/12: Voice Your Concerns About Premier McGuinty’s Budget