This video presents “Official Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto Promo Spot (Full)”:
Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto in Ontario, Canada, is an exciting three-week (July 17 – August 12, 2012) cultural explosion of Caribbean music, cuisine, revelry as well as visual and performing arts.
- In its 45th year it has become a major international event and the largest cultural festival of its kind in North America.
- A vibrant showcase of pulsating rhythms and melodies of Calypso, Soca, Reggae, Hip Hop, Chutney, Steel Pan and Brass Bands
- Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival is an expression of Toronto’s multicultural and multiracial society.
- An increasing number of attendees and participants come from the US and overseas.
- “The costumes and mas band displays are elaborate and oh so delicately worn and designed for movement.”
- African Drumming along with the Arts and Crafts displays celebrating “Things Caribbean!”
Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto
Saturday, August 4, 2012
at Exhibition Place (CNE) & Lakeshore Blvd
Highlights of the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Grand Parade Day on the Lakeshore include:
- a kaleidoscope of music, colourful costumes, theatrical mas band displays, steel bands beating intricate orchestrations
- mouth watering feasts of Caribbean cuisine and delicacies
- masqueraders in colourful and striking costumes and steel pan bands wind their way from Exhibition Place along a 3.5 kilometre stretch on Lakeshore Boulevard
- “this performance of bejewelled masqueraders continues to draw millions from all over the world to see the live performing street art year after year”
For the complete list of Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto events, please click here.
Please note that from Saturday, August 4 at 1 a.m. until Sunday, August 5 at 6 a.m., Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed in both directions from Colborne Lodge Drive to Strachan Avenue.
TTC provides extra service to Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto
- This Saturday, August 4, the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) will provide additional service for customers heading to the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Toronto parade.
- Due to track construction on Queens Quay, streetcars on the 509 have been replaced with buses.
- Customers are encouraged to consider alternative routes to the parade, such as the:
- The TTC will have:
- an express bus service running from the northwest corner of Bay and Front to the eastern entrance to the Exhibition grounds
- the return direct bus shuttle will drop customers off at St. Andrew Station
Frequent buses and streetcars will operate to Exhibition Place and the parade route on Lake Shore Boulevard West as follows:
- 511 Bathurst southbound from Bathurst Station to Exhibition Place
- 504 King from Dundas West Station to Sunnyside Loop
- 29 Dufferin southbound from Dufferin Station to Exhibition Place
- Keele Station express bus to Parkside Drive/Lake Shore Boulevard West
- Lansdowne Station express bus via Jameson Avenue, to Springhurst Avenue/Dunn Avenue
- Direct shuttle bus from Bay Street north of Front Street to the eastern entrance to Exhibition Place (return shuttle will drop customers off at St. Andrew Station)
- 509 Harbourfront replacement bus from Union Station to Exhibition Place
Make travel easier this Simcoe Day weekend with a TTC Day/Family Pass:
- For $10.50 a day, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people:
- maximum two adults
- and not more than four children/youths; 19 years of age or under
- The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
And look for the TTC and Wheel-Trans buses in the Grand Parade of the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival:
- This will be the third consecutive year that the TTC will be joining forces with Toronto Raptors centre Jamaal Magloire and the Toronto Revellers marchers.
TTC Contact Info:
- Information on fares, routes, schedules and service
- 416-393-4636 (INFO)
- Recorded information available 24 hours daily
- Operator-assisted service is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, except statutory holidays
- Main Switchboard
- 416-393-4000 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
You may also like:
- You’re Invited: Interactive Aquarium Exhibit (Jun.16-Aug.31) & Animation Workshops-July & August 2012
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- Ontario Gives More Funding Support to Elliot Lake’s Economic Recovery After Algo Centre Mall Collapse
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country