This video presents ‘Toronto TTC PCC Streetcars 75th Anniversary Fan Trip by Toronto Transportation Society.”
- On October 6, 2013, a transit enthusiast group known as the Toronto Transportation Society, ran a fan trip using TTC PCC streetcar 4500.
- The fan trip was to commemorate the 75th Anniversary since the introduction of the PCC streetcar in Toronto.
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is thanking residents and businesses for their patience during the Kingston Rd. streetcar track construction last year by giving people FREE rides on their vintage PCC streetcar along Kingston Rd. on Sunday, March 30 from noon to 4 p.m. between Woodbine Loop and Bingham Loop (from Kingston Rd. eastbound, all streetcars turn onto Victoria Park Ave. northbound, turn west to enter this loop, and exit onto Bingham southbound to return to Kingston Rd. westbound).
- President’s Conference Committee streetcars, better known to Torontonians as the PCCs or Red Rockets.
- PCCs were a popular sight in Toronto from 1938 to 1995.
- At one time, Toronto owned the largest fleet of PCCs in the world – 745 cars.
- Two cars remain in the TTC fleet and are available for charters.
TTC Service Changes
Also, adjustments to TTC routes and schedules are effective Sunday, March 30, 2014.
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) Contact Info
- Information on fares, routes, schedules and service.
Recorded information available 24 hours daily.
Operator-assisted service is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service, 416-481-2523, Daily, 8:00am-6:00pm; except statutory holidays.
- Main Switchboard
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Free rides on vintage TTC streetcar this Sunday
March 24, 2014
To thank residents and businesses for their patience during the Kingston Rd. streetcar track construction last year, people can ride for free the TTC’s vintage PCC streetcar along Kingston Rd. on Sunday, March 30 from noon to 4 p.m. between Woodbine and Bingham Loops.
Ward 32 Beaches-East York Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon, TTC Vice-Chair Maureen Adamson and TTC Chief Customer Officer Chris Upfold will be riding the PCC from noon till 2 p.m. Come by and say hello.
PCCs were the backbone of the TTC streetcar fleet for many decades, and were a popular sight in Toronto from 1938 to 1995. At one time, Toronto owned the largest fleet of PCCs in the world – 745 cars.
You may also want to know:
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- 2014 Photocrati Fund Competition: Apply Before April 18, 2014 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time (USA)
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Leica Camera + Red Bull Illume:Action Sports Photography Exhibition Tour & Kickoff Party-Nov.14, 2013 (FREE admission.)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- “Pasolini’s l’Oriente: Arabian Nights Through the Photographs of Roberto Villa”: Mar.17-Apr.26, 2014 (FREE Admission in Toronto)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- 20 Key Accomplishments to Protect the Health and Safety of Canadians: Health Canada’s Review of 2013
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians