This video presents “Mayor’s Trophy – Cricket 2011 Sunnybrook Park Toronto.”
CIBC Trophy – Mayor’s School Cricket Launch
Thursday, April 10
10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Remarks: 10:30 a.m.
Cabbagetown Youth Centre, 2 Lancaster Ave., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Mayor Rob Ford and Councillor Anthony Perruzza (Ward 9 York West), Chair of the Community Development and Recreation Committee, will launch the CIBC Trophy/Mayor’s School Cricket 2014 Tournament in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and recognize last year’s winning teams.
- The 2014 tournament in Toronto will be held May 12 to 16 at Eglinton Flats Park, G. Ross Lord Park and Sunnybrook Park.
- Divisional championships will also be held in Mississauga, Brampton and Markham from May 12-28, 2014.
- The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) School Cricket finals will be at Brampton Soccer Centre (1495 Sandalwood Parkway East, Brampton, Ontario) on May 31, which will have the following itinerary:
- Welcome/Opening Ceremony/speeches: 9.00 am – 9.30 am
- Games begin: 9.30 am
- Closing ceremony: Awards presentation: 5.30 pm.
- Dwight Drummond, co-host of CBC News Toronto, will MC the Mayor’s School Cricket – CIBC Trophy launch event presented by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants of Canada and the City of Toronto.
- The launch event will also recognize the recipients of the CBC Toronto Spirit of Cricket Award.
- Participants of the ceremony will include:
- Martin Saxton, Chair, CIMA;
- Raza Hasan, Senior Vice President, CIBC;
- Chris Bolton, Chair, Toronto District School Board;
- Nick Biagini, Program Co-ordinator Physical Education and the Arts, Toronto Catholic District School Board; and
- Jonathan Dart, British Consul General in Toronto.
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) Contact Info
- Information on fares, routes, schedules and service.
- 416-393-4636 (INFO)
- Recorded information available 24 hours daily.
- Operator-assisted service is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, except statutory holidays.
- TTY Hearing Impaired Service, 416-481-2523, Daily, 8:00am-6:00pm; except statutory holidays.
- Main Switchboard
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
City of Toronto Contact Info
Phone within Toronto city limits: 311.
Phone outside city limits: 416-392-CITY (2489)
(can be used within Toronto if you can’t reach 311).
TTY customers: 416-338-0TTY (0889)
If your matter is urgent, please call them. They are open 24/7.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
April 9, 2014
Ceremonial launch of youth cricket tournament in Toronto
Mayor Rob Ford and Councillor Anthony Perruzza (Ward 9 York West), Chair of the Community Development and Recreation Committee, will launch the CIBC Trophy/Mayor’s School Cricket 2014 Tournament in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and recognize last year’s winning teams.
Date: Thursday, April 10
Time: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., remarks: 10:30 a.m.
Location: Cabbagetown Youth Centre, 2 Lancaster Ave.
Joining City officials at the ceremony will be Martin Saxton, Chair, CIMA; Raza Hasan, Senior Vice President, CIBC; Chris Bolton, Chair, Toronto District School Board;
Nick Biagini, Program Co-ordinator Physical Education and the Arts, Toronto Catholic District School Board; and Jonathan Dart, British Consul General in Toronto.
Dwight Drummond, CBC News Toronto co-host, will MC the event.
The 2014 tournament will be held May 12 to 16 at Eglinton Flats Park, G. Ross Lord Park and Sunnybrook Park. The GTA finals will be held May 31 in Brampton.
More information is available at http://www.cimacanada.org/cibc_trophy.jsp.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities. Toronto is proud to be the Host City for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit http://www.toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us @TorontoComms.
You may also want to know:
- Union Station Closure Apr.5 – 7 Before 6 A.M.+ Closures of Gardiner Expressway Start Apr.25, 2014 (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Panasonic’s Global, Interactive Webcast ‘LIVE @ NAB’ + 2014 Live @ NAB Contest is Open to USA: Apr.7
- FUJIFILM Canada Announces “Walk in the Park” Tour with the Fuji Guys and L’Expert Fuji 2014 (FREE Admission: Calgary, May 4; Montreal, June 7; Ottawa, June 8; Toronto, June 22; Victoria, September 20) *Dates are subject to change
- 2014 Photocrati Fund Competition: Apply Before April 18, 2014 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time (USA)
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Leica Camera + Red Bull Illume:Action Sports Photography Exhibition Tour & Kickoff Party-Nov.14, 2013 (FREE admission.)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- “Pasolini’s l’Oriente: Arabian Nights Through the Photographs of Roberto Villa”: Mar.17-Apr.26, 2014 (FREE Admission in Toronto)
- 2014 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival May 1–31, 2014 in Toronto (Festival Launch Celebration: FREE Admission May 2, 7:00 pm. FREE admission for some exhibitions and events.)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- 20 Key Accomplishments to Protect the Health and Safety of Canadians: Health Canada’s Review of 2013
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians