This video presents Kids know why we need to protect the Great Bear Sea.
“Our kids understand the importance of protecting our natural treasures, and we should too.
Take action today. Sign the petition here: http://greatbearsea.org .”
WWF-Canada is urging us to help protect Canada’s Great Bear Sea, one of the world’s most intact marine ecosystems.
“This fall, the Province of B.C. will decide whether to adopt plans to safeguard the Great Bear Sea.
…15,000 people have already signed the petition demanding that our government step up to protect British Columbia’s Great Bear Sea. That’s a big show of support, but with just six days before the October 23 deadline, we need to increase the pressure.
The David Suzuki.org provides the following explanation in the Protect Our Great Bear Sea petition:
- “The good news is the B.C. government, First Nations and their partners are already working on a comprehensive management plan. The bad news is the government is facing enormous pressure from industry lobbyists, and this plan may never see the light of day.
- We need your help to make sure British Columbia’s government knows thousands of us want the Great Bear Sea kept pristine and healthy for generations to come.”
The David Suzuki Foundation, Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, WWF-Canada and Living Oceans Society suggest these various ways for you to help.
1) Please Sign the petition and tell everyone — “Let’s seize this pivotal moment by showing the government that thousands of us care and are paying attention.”
3) Watch this video and please share it with your friends.
You may also want to know:
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- You’re Invited: Equity Literacy Forum- Towards a Classism Reduction Strategy for Ontario Oct.29, 2014
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Olympus ‘Anywhere Classroom’ Video Series Starts June 26, 2014: An Online FREE Photography Class Using Olympus OM-D Cameras & Lenses
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission)
- Four Photographers are Finalists for Aimia | AGO Photography Prize 2014: Vote Until 11:59 P.M. on Oct. 27, 2014
- City of Toronto, Parks, Forestry and Recreation Contest Update: Deadline Extended to Oct.31, 2014 (Contest is open to photographers who are residents of the province of Ontario in Canada.)
- McAfee: Most Dangerous Celebrities Study + Most Dangerous Celebrity Sweepstakes Ends at 5 PM PDT Oct.31, 2014 (Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.)
- Design.Samsung “ReMake it Meaningful” Contest: Submit Photos of Your Practical Creation Made of Used Paper Packages Oct.20-Nov.7, 2014 (17:00 KST [Korean Standard Time])
- CONTACT Photography 2015 Featured Exhibitions: Send a Submission by the Deadline of Nov.14, 2014 by 5PM
- The Brave New World Project + Sony 4K Camera and Production Technologies: Los Angeles-area Minority Youth (Ages 18-24) Apply Online Until Nov.14, 2014
- The World We Live In Photo Contest: Entries to Be Uploaded Before 11:59 P.M. EST on Nov. 30, 2014 (Contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.)
- Nikon Photo Contest 2014-2015 is Open to All: Submit Photos & Videos Online Until Dec.15, 2014 at 1:00 P.M. Japan Standard Time
- “Share the Experience” 2014 Contest for 13 Years of Age & Older: Submit Photos Online by 11:59 P.M. ET Dec.31 (Legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C, and at least 13 years of age or older as of May 1, 2014.)
- Two Toronto Photography Exhibitions: The Past is Never Far (July 12 & 13) + Toronto Does Her ‘Bit’ (Jul.26, 2014-Jan.17, 2015) FREE Admission to Both Exhibitions
- You’re Invited: Doors Open Ontario May 3 – October 18, 2014 (FREE admission)
- Celebrate 100th Anniversary of Canada’s Connection to Winnie-the-Pooh: Remembering the Real Winnie – An Exhibit Nov.6–Dec.7, 2014 (FREE Admission to Opening Reception – Nov.5 and Exhibit)
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Update: Videos Recorded During Canada’s 2014 Healthy and Safe Food Regulatory Forum are Now Available
- Union Station Closure Apr.5 – 7 Before 6 A.M.+ Closures of Gardiner Expressway Start Apr.25, 2014 (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Toronto’s Transit Relief Line & Yonge Relief Network Study Consultations Apr.5, 8, 10,12, 2014 (or provide your feedback online)
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions is opened inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Canadian Photographer Sarah Anne Johnson Will Create Toronto’s First Monumental Photographic Mural: To Be Completed by May 1, 2015
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- 20 Key Accomplishments to Protect the Health and Safety of Canadians: Health Canada’s Review of 2013
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians