This video presents “The Crosstown: LRT ABCs and 123s.”
- Rapid transit is coming to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- This includes the Eglinton Crosstown, a 19 km light rail transit line – LRT for short.
- Light rail is new to Toronto but is used all around the world.
This is an update to the previous blogs:
- You’re Invited: Metrolinx’s Meeting on Proposed East Tunnel Extension of The Crosstown April 23, 2013;
The Eglinton Crosstown is a light rail transit (LRT) line that will run across Eglinton Avenue between Mount Dennis (Weston Road) in the west and Kennedy Station in the east.
- This 19-kilometre corridor will include a 10-kilometre underground portion, between Keele Street and Laird Drive.
- It will provide a rapid and reliable service that will be up to 60% faster than bus service today, when it is completed in 2020.
- The work is well underway and has reached Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road.
- The construction in this area is for the extraction and launch shafts that will be used for the tunnel boring machines currently tunnelling east underneath Eglinton Avenue from Black Creek Drive.
- This work has added to the congestion on this already heavily travelled area along Eglinton.
You are invited to the following two public open houses for information on construction works related to the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project as well as traffic arrangements when the headwalls are constructed in the area of the future Chaplin station:
- The Open House format meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. and conclude 8:00 p.m. with an opportunity to view displays and speak one-on-one with staff.
Eglinton Crosstown Update Meeting
|Date:||Monday, February 24, 2014|
|Time:||6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Location:||The Unity Church of Truth
173 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto
Eglinton Crosstown Update – Chaplin Station
|Date:||Thursday, February 27, 2014|
|Time:||6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Northern District Library
40 Orchard View Blvd., Toronto
The Crosstown Community Relations Team
Franca, Denise, Nicole and Grace
You may also want to know:
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Canadian Photographer Erin Riley’s Exhibition: Virtue Street (FREE: January 14, 2014 at 6.30 P.M. to March 8, 2014)
- Sony PROduction Awards 2014 Now Opened For Entries (Jan.23-Mar.10, 2014)
- 2014 Photocrati Fund Competition: Apply Before April 18, 2014 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time (USA)
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Leica Camera + Red Bull Illume:Action Sports Photography Exhibition Tour & Kickoff Party-Nov.14, 2013 (FREE admission.)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Your Input in February 2014: Toronto’s Electronic & Illuminated Signs (February 3 – 12, 2014) + Gardiner Expressway East (February 6, 2014)
- 20 Key Accomplishments to Protect the Health and Safety of Canadians: Health Canada’s Review of 2013
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians