This video presents “Minister’s Year End Video Message.”
- “The Holidays give us a unique opportunity to reflect on the year that has passed, make memories with friends and family and celebrate the hope that a new year brings.”
The Health Minister of Canada listed, below, 20 key accomplishments in protecting the health and safety of Canadians in 2013.
Health Canada’s Telephone Numbers for Public Enquiries:
- (613) 957-2991 or
- Toll free at 1-866 225-0709.
A Year in Review Steps taken to protect the Health and Safety of Canadians
December 23, 2013
OTTAWA – Today, Health Minister Rona Ambrose highlighted the Government’s key accomplishments in protecting the health and safety of Canadians in 2013.
“Our Government made important headway in the areas of innovation, patient safety, and the tabling of effective legislation for the benefit of all Canadians,” said Minister Ambrose. “We have a lot to be proud of in Canada and we will continue to make concrete investments and take action to protect our health and safety.”
Minister Ambrose identified some of the notable achievements of the Harper Government that included:
“The Holidays give us a unique opportunity to reflect on the year that has passed, make memories with friends and family and celebrate the hope that a new year brings,” said Minister Ambrose. “I truly look forward to working with the Provinces and Territories and health partners in the new year, on how we can work together to improve the health and well-being of all Canadians. I wish all Canadians a happy, healthy and safe 2014!”
Watch the Minister’s year-end video or more information.
You may also want to know:
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Leica Camera + Red Bull Illume:Action Sports Photography Exhibition Tour & Kickoff Party-Nov.14, 2013 (FREE admission.)
- Energy Apps for Ontario Challenge: Win $50000 for Best Apps Using Electricity Data from Smart Meters (Oct. 1, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- McAfee’s Top Five Scams and 12 Scams of Christmas 2013 are Highlighted by Comedian Chuck Nice: Videos
- McAfee LiveSafe is Now Available: Cross-Device Security Service with Facial and Voice Recognition Technology for Consumer Devices
- McAfee Mobile Innovations App’s Smart Perimeter is Available: Alerts Users of Theft or Loss of Mobile Devices
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- You’re Invited: Toronto Alerts & Events Nov.9-Dec.15, 2013 + News + Ontario’s Music Funds (Deadlines: Music Futures-Jan.6, 2014; Music Industry Development-Jan.31, 2014)
- ROM Exhibits “Between Princely India & the British Raj: The Photography of Raja Deen Dayal” Apr.20 – Jan.12, 2014
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- McAfee Canada 2013 Love, Relationships and Technology Survey: Pitfalls of Couples Sharing Personal Data & Passwords
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians