This video presents “The Centre for Social Innovation” (CSI) from Centre for Social Innovation on Vimeo.
- “A look at CSI and our beautiful Annex workspace in Toronto”, Ontario, Canada.
Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
The second round Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund application is OPEN until Jan. 3, 2014 and is now available in French!
- Ontario Brings Together Investors and Socially-Minded Businesses to help social enterprises grow
- Ontario partnered with MaRS Discovery District to launch Social Venture Connexion (SVX) which will connect investors with businesses and organizations that focus on making positive social and environmental impacts.
- By launching the new SVX, Ontario is positioning itself to become the leading place in North America for social enterprise.
- Ontario has already strengthened the social enterprise industry in the province by:
- Creating an Office for Social Enterprise to promote partnerships with the private, not-for-profit and public sectors by coordinating and expanding the tools available to social entrepreneurs across Ontario.
- Launching the Ontario Catapult Micro-loan Fund as a pilot program to support early stage social enterprises by providing them with access to capital, services and programs.
- Investing in SiG@MaRS, a program that supports social entrepreneurs at all stages to help develop and deliver programs that accelerate the growth of social enterprises.
Did you know?
- SVX received funding from the province for its feasibility study and pilot project completed in 2010.
- SVX is the first platform of its kind in North America and was created in collaboration with a number of private and community partners, including TMX Group.
- The SVX platform has a goal to see $2.5 million in its first year of operations and to support at least 10 social ventures.
- Social enterprises are businesses that have a positive social, cultural, or environmental impact while generating revenue.
- Ontario already has about 10,000 social enterprises and estimated to employ 160,000 people.
- Social enterprises serve 3.4 million unique customers per year.St. John’s Bakery in Toronto, an example of a social enterprise, produces artisanal breads and sweets while providing training and employment to people who face challenges such as addiction, poverty or mental health issues.
This social finance initiative between CSI (Centre for Social Innovation), the Province of Ontario, Alterna Savings, Microsoft Canada, TD Bank Group, KPMG, and Social Capital Partners has been designed to help promising early stage entrepreneurs and innovators with low interest loans of $5,000-$25,000.
- The next round of applications is open until January 3, 2014.
- Loans will be disbursed on February 12, 2014.
Dave Kranenburg and Leah Pollock – Program Coordinator, Centre for Social Innovation – stated “we understand that you may want consultation or feedback before considering applying; we have therefore set up “Office Hours” for feedback during the week of Dec 16th, please sign up for a time slot.”
- Here are the Dates, Office Hours and Locations:
- Tues Dec 17, 12 – 5pm CSI Spadina; Leah Pollock
- Wed Dec 18, 1 – 5pm CSI Regent Park; Dave Kranenburg
- Thurs Dec 19, 9am – 5pm CSI Annex; Dave /Leah
- Fri Dec 20, 9am – 5pm CSI Spadina; Dave Kranenburg
“Please note that during these times we can meet by phone, Skype and Google Hangouts…hey, even morse code! In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact Dave Kranenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Leah Pollock (email@example.com) with any questions.”
Leah Pollock and Dave Kranenburg
Please click here to apply for round two of the Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund.
Help spread the word via Twitter with the following sample Tweets:
- Round two of the Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund is now open! Could you be the next recipient? http://ow.ly/rBgz6 @csiTO#csicatapult
- Social Enterprise? Need a loan? Apply for Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund by Jan. 3. Details at http://ow.ly/rBgz6 @csiTO#csicatapult
Leah Pollock | Program Coordinator | Centre for Social Innovation | 416.979.3939
socialinnovation.org | twitter | facebook | newsletter
Toronto . New York City
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
You may also want to know:
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Vote for DigitalGlobe’s Best Satellite Image of the Year (Before December 17, 2013)
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Leica Camera + Red Bull Illume:Action Sports Photography Exhibition Tour & Kickoff Party-Nov.14, 2013 (FREE admission.)
- Retrospective of Harry Benson’s photographs on display at Toronto’s Liss Gallery until Dec. 16 (FREE admission)
- Energy Apps for Ontario Challenge: Win $50000 for Best Apps Using Electricity Data from Smart Meters (Oct. 1, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014)
- “Still Waters Forget / Les eaux calmes oublient”: Photography Exhibition (October 9 – December 20, 2013)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- McAfee’s Top Five Scams and 12 Scams of Christmas 2013 are Highlighted by Comedian Chuck Nice: Videos
- McAfee LiveSafe is Now Available: Cross-Device Security Service with Facial and Voice Recognition Technology for Consumer Devices
- McAfee Mobile Innovations App’s Smart Perimeter is Available: Alerts Users of Theft or Loss of Mobile Devices
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- ROM Exhibits “Between Princely India & the British Raj: The Photography of Raja Deen Dayal” Apr.20 – Jan.12, 2014
- You’re Invited: Great Events in Ontario July 20-26 + TTC Alerts Jul.20-21 + Toronto Road Closures Jul.20-Dec.2014
- Toronto Alert: Poster on Public Property Bylaw, Downsview Station Closed June 29, TTC Ride Guide Photo Contest by July 4 at 11:59 p.m.
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- No TTC Streetcars on Kingston Rd. Jun.3-Dec.+ Real Time Info Signs on Gardiner Expy & Lake Shore Blvd Jun.2013
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- McAfee Canada 2013 Love, Relationships and Technology Survey: Pitfalls of Couples Sharing Personal Data & Passwords
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- McAfee & Intel Offer New Digital Life Protection Service in Beta to Partners Now & Its Consumer Version in Mid-2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Ontario Proposes Regulations to Limit Access to Generic OxyContin: Your Comments Before Dec.24, 2012 at 5 P.M. EST
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians