This video presents “We Can End Poverty: Millennium Development Goals and Beyond 2015.”
- “Check out this new UN video explaining, through a child’s voice, how the UN Millennium Development Goals are helping millions to fight poverty and hunger, reduce child and maternal mortality, prevent disease, promote education and more.”
- Learn more at www.un.org/millenniumgoals
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty Event
October 17, 2013
7 pm – 9:30 pm
Stellar Hall (2nd floor above Stellar Bowling)
1220 Stellar Dr., Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
PACC Contact Info: Phone Daytime: 905-836-7931
Evening after 5pm: 289-221-0928
Join PACC for the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty event.
Here are the highlights of this event.
- Hot & Cold food / refreshments
- Open Mic for performers and guest speakers
- Film debut PACC’s social audit ” behind The Masks”
- Reggae rooted “The Yappers“
The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty has been observed every year since 1993, when the United Nations General Assembly, by resolution 47/196, designated this day to promote awareness of the need to eradicate poverty and destitution in all countries.
- Fighting poverty remains at the core of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the post-2015 development agenda.
Theme for 2013 is
Working together towards a world without discrimination: Building on the experience and knowledge of people in extreme poverty.
On 17 October, the world observes the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
You may also want to know:
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Sponsored Video: World-Changing Dreamers (IF WE Challenge) – Teaser (This is a social conversation contest. Enter the contest for a chance to win prize values up to $12,000, including a trip to Paris! The Contest is open from September 16 to October 28, 2013 inclusive. Please check the important contest rules.)
- KEVIN O’LEARY: 40 YEARS OF PHOTOGRAPHY Exhibit: To Benefit Teenage Entrepreneurs (Exhibit and sale of limited edition, signed, framed prints continues to November 15, 2013. O’Leary will donate all profits from the sale of his photographs to aspiring teenage entrepreneurs in an online “Future Dragon” contest launching later this year.)
- Energy Apps for Ontario Challenge: Win $50000 for Best Apps Using Electricity Data from Smart Meters (Oct. 1, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014)
- “Still Waters Forget / Les eaux calmes oublient”: Photography Exhibition (October 9 – December 20, 2013)
- Life on the Grid Exhibit: 100 Years of Toronto Street Photography (Exhibit continues to May 2014 from Monday to Friday; Exhibit on Saturdays: from October 19, 2013 – April 12, 2014)
- McAfee LiveSafe is Now Available: Cross-Device Security Service with Facial and Voice Recognition Technology for Consumer Devices
- McAfee Mobile Innovations App’s Smart Perimeter is Available: Alerts Users of Theft or Loss of Mobile Devices
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Your Input: Use of Jets at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport + Communities’ Cultural Infrastructure (14 Ward-Based Meetings from September 16 to October 30, 2013)
- Your Input: Toronto Neighbourhoods Oct.3-Nov.1 + Open Houses on Eglinton Ave.’s Future Oct.7-9, 2013
- You’re Invited: Great Canadian Events in Ontario Sept.7-Oct.31; Toronto Road Closures Sept 7-8, 2013
- Toronto’s Market Gallery Face To Place Exhibition (FREE Admission; Sept. 21 – Oct. 19, 2013; Opening Reception & Fundraiser Sept.21)
- World Press Photo 13 Exhibition in Toronto, Canada (FREE Admission: October 1 – 21, 2013)
- You’re Invited: Toronto’s Great Events May 18 – 21 and Victoria Day May 20, 2013 (Heritage Toronto Tours April – October 2013)
- You’re Invited: Spring & Green Events in Ontario May 10 – 12, 2013 (ROMwalks May 1, 2013 – October 20, 2013)
- ROM Exhibits “Between Princely India & the British Raj: The Photography of Raja Deen Dayal” Apr.20 – Jan.12, 2014
- You’re Invited: Great Events in Ontario July 20-26 + TTC Alerts Jul.20-21 + Toronto Road Closures Jul.20-Dec.2013
- Toronto Alert: Poster on Public Property Bylaw, Downsview Station Closed June 29, TTC Ride Guide Photo Contest by July 4 at 11:59 p.m.
- Feeling Congested? Meetings; Dufferin St.Bridge Closed to Vehicles From Jun.12; Avenue Rd Work Jun.10-Sept.15, 2013
- No TTC Streetcars on Kingston Rd. Jun.3-Dec.+ Real Time Info Signs on Gardiner Expy & Lake Shore Blvd Jun.2013
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- McAfee Canada 2013 Love, Relationships and Technology Survey: Pitfalls of Couples Sharing Personal Data & Passwords
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- McAfee & Intel Offer New Digital Life Protection Service in Beta to Partners Now & Its Consumer Version in Mid-2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Ontario Proposes Regulations to Limit Access to Generic OxyContin: Your Comments Before Dec.24, 2012 at 5 P.M. EST
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians