The following video presents #ecopro 2014 Panasonic Booth Highlights:
“Panasonic… is introducing a wide range of products and solutions that bring to life a greener lifestyle and innovative technologies that may change the world in 2 zones “Products” and “Eco Technologies.“
- At 0:56 sec, see the introduction of Panasonic’s photocatalytic water purification technology at one of Japan’s largest environmental exhibitions, the “Eco-Products 2014”.
To purify groundwater that has been contaminated with harmful substances, Panasonic has developed its own photocatalytic water purification technology.
- This technology uses photocatalysts and the UV rays from sunlight to detoxify polluted water* at high speeds, creating safe and drinkable water.
- *It is effective against heavy metals, such as arsenic and hexavalent chromium, bacteria, general organics, and refractory organics (pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and endocrine-disruptors).
Here are some key highlights of Panasonic’s photocatalytic water purification technology.
- It’s a low cost and environmentally friendly treatment system for water because solar UV light is used as a light source for the slurry photocatalytic water treatment technology, and photocatalysts remove any necessity of pharmaceuticals.
- Achieving a high capacity to decompose toxic substances with synthesis technology of photocatalysts.
- This technology efficiently reduces the toxicity of harmful pollutants by a maximum of 99.99%: trivalent arsenic and hexavalent chromium are converted into less harmful chemicals.
- Achieving high processing speeds with water purification technology that disperses photocatalytic materials.
- This system is capable of effective detoxification of polluted water by harmful heavy metals and persistent organic matter at a reaction rate of up to 100 times that of conventional methods.
“In India, approximately 70 per cent of the population uses water not from taps but primarily that from under the ground. Leaching into it are harmful substances such as agrochemical residues, the arsenic of Himalayan ore veins, and hexavalent chromium produced from leather tanneries. This contamination has come to be seen as a societal problem, having caused health problems for as many as 50 million people.
To solve such drinking-water issues worldwide, Panasonic ….. creating safe and drinkable water.
Panasonic aims to provide this water to small rural communities, for example, using trucks equipped with photocatalytic water purification systems. Beyond this, the company is looking at linking up with local water supply operators to establish water purification facilities, and is also considering the licensing of this technology to businesses. Panasonic is working to lower costs and maintenance requirements with the water purification systems – its aim being to make this technology available right across India and other emerging nations.“
Please click here for more info.
You may also want to know:
- Invite: Christmas Events at Allan Gardens & Centennial Park Conservatories Today to Jan.11, 2015 (Donations to the Food Bank are Welcome. FREE admissions.)
- Panasonic: Send in Your Solar Lantern’s Designs by Jan.31, 2015 for “Cut Out the Darkness”- Indonesia
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- You’re Invited: Equity Literacy Forum- Towards a Classism Reduction Strategy for Ontario Oct.29, 2014
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Olympus ‘Anywhere Classroom’ Video Series Starts June 26, 2014: An Online FREE Photography Class Using Olympus OM-D Cameras & Lenses
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony World Photography Awards 2015 For All: Enter Now for Professional, Open, Youth and Cruises Competitions
- Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Showcases 4K UHD Capabilities in New Film Created by Joseph Gordon-Levitt: ‘IN A CITY’ is Launched Today
- RICOH Engagement Forum Monthly Photo Contest for USA Users to Win a PENTAX K-S1 Camera: Submit Photos with Commentaries Before 11:59:59 a.m. MST, Dec.30, 2014
- Invite: Toronto New Year’s Eve Show + TTC Complimentary, Extended Service Dec.31, 2014-Jan.1, 2015 (FREE Admissions)
- Olympus UK Invites You to ‘GET ARTY AT OUR NEW YEAR’S GRAFFITI PARTY’ in London Dec.31, 2014 (FREE Admissions to Party and Mini Photo Walk)
- Olympus PEN Selfie Contest: Post Monthly Your Selfies on Instagram Through 11:59 p.m. Dec.31, 2014 / Jan.31, Feb.28, Mar.31, 2015 Japan Standard Time
- ‘The Societies’ Photographic Convention and Trade Show’ in UK Jan.14-18, 2015 + The Societies’ 20×16″ Print Competition 2014: Mailed Prints to Be Received Before Dec.31, 2014 (FREE Photographic Trade Show*: *Register before 31 December 2014 to avoid entry fee to Trade Show)
- “Share the Experience” 2014 Contest for 13 Years of Age & Older: Submit Photos Online by 11:59 P.M. ET Dec.31 (Legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C, and at least 13 years of age or older as of May 1, 2014.)
- You’re Invited: Test Drive Olympus Tough TG-3 and TG-850 Cameras + Test & Wow Competition to Win a Tough Camera in London, UK Dec.2, 2014-Jan.1, 2015
- Sony Canada + Sony World Photography Awards: Canada National Award 2015 is Open to All Canadians Until 5 January
- 2015 World Press Photo Contest’s Registration-Before 8 Jan., 23.59 CET & 2015 Multimedia Contest’s Registration-Before 14 Jan., 23:59 CET
- Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 for Photographers: Submit Online Applications Between 15 January and 1 March 2015
- New Intel Security Digital Safety Program for Children + Enter the Think Before You Link Sweepstakes Until March 13, 2015
- Two Toronto Photography Exhibitions: The Past is Never Far (July 12 & 13) + Toronto Does Her ‘Bit’ (Jul.26, 2014-Jan.17, 2015) FREE Admission to Both Exhibitions
- Leica Gallery Wetzlar Invites You to Two New Exhibitions: “Magic Moments – 60 Years Leica M” and Claire Yaffa “100 photographers – 100 portraits”, Until 4 Jan.2015 (FREE admissions: event is located in Germany.)
- Calling Artists for Nuit Blanche 2015: Info Sessions Jan.5, 12 + Submission Deadlines Jan.19, Feb.17
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- McAfee: Most Dangerous Celebrities Study + Most Dangerous Celebrity Sweepstakes Ends at 5 PM PDT Oct.31, 2014
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions is opened inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Canadian Photographer Sarah Anne Johnson Will Create Toronto’s First Monumental Photographic Mural: To Be Completed by May 1, 2015
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians