The following video presents BioAmber Corporate Video:
“BioAmber is a sustainable chemicals company producing commercial quantities of bio-based succinic acid. As global markets increasingly demand sustainable, viable and performance solutions, BioAmber is pioneering the development of a global, 100% low-carbon integrated supply chain.”
Recently, Deputy Premier Deb Matthews and BioAmber (a Montreal-based chemicals company) celebrated the official opening of the world’s largest bio-succinic acid manufacturing facility in the heart of the Sarnia-Lambton chemistry cluster.
- The $141.5 million plant will produce sustainable chemicals which are renewable, greener alternatives to petrochemicals that are derived from oil.
Sustainability Life Cycle Analysis
A Carbon Neutral Footprint
“BioAmber is committed to producing chemicals in a more environmentally responsible manner. By using renewable feedstock, eliminating green house gas emissions and substantially reducing energy consumption, we are practicing greener chemistry that is sustainable. When our Sarnia plant begins production in 2015, it will have an impressive carbon footprint relative to the existing method of producing succinic acid from petroleum. Our bio-based process for making succinic acid will result in a 100% reduction in green house gas emissions and a 60% reduction in energy consumption.”
The sustainable chemicals can be used in a variety of everyday products including plastics, food additives and personal care products.
- Currently, the plant has created 60 high value jobs.
Sustainability feedstock development
“BioAmber is focused on using the most abundant, low cost sugar available, but we are also conscious of the need to be as sustainable as possible. Today, North American corn offers the most competitively priced sugar, making our succinic acid even more cost competitive. We can also use sugar from cane, beets, sorghum, wheat and tapioca to produce succinic acid. Our longer-term goal is to move to agricultural, forestry and eventually industrial waste as alternatives to traditional sugars.”
For more info about BioAmber’s greener, sustainable products and biotechnology, please visit http://www.bio-amber.com/ .
The plant will be in full commercial operation in Q3 2015, and will have a capacity to annually produce 30,000 metric tons of bio-succinic acid.
BioAmber Opens New Plant in Sarnia
Ontario Supporting Next Generation Manufacturers
August 6, 2015 11:00 A.M.
Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
Today Deputy Premier Deb Matthews celebrated the official opening of Ontario’s newest next generation manufacturing facility in Sarnia.
BioAmber, a Montreal-based chemicals company, along with partner Mitsui, officially opened the world’s largest bio-succinic acid manufacturing facility in the heart of the Sarnia-Lambton chemistry cluster. The $141.5 million plant will produce sustainable chemicals from agricultural feedstock that can be used in a variety of everyday products including plastics, food additives and personal care products. Currently, the plant has created 60 high value jobs.
The province supported the plant with a $15 million loan through the Strategic Jobs and Investment Fund. The new plant is an anchor for the Sarnia-Lambton chemistry cluster and will raise the profile of Ontario as a world leader in the biochemical sector.
Ensuring Ontario is a world leader in next generation manufacturing is part of the government’s plan to build Ontario up. The four-part plan includes investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- The plant will be in full commercial operation in Q3 2015, and will have a capacity to annually produce 30,000 metric tons of bio-succinic acid.
- Bio-succinic acid can be used as an alternative to petrochemicals that are derived from oil.
- Global competition for manufacturing in all sectors is fierce and BioAmer looked at more than 100 sites around the world before choosing Sarnia for its new plant.
- BioAmber secured a $15 million loan from the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure is providing support in the form of a Strategic Jobs and Investment Fund in September 2011.
“Today’s official opening is proof of Ontario’s commitment to the next generation of manufacturers. Ontario is proud to be supporting businesses that bring high value jobs and innovative technology to the province.”
Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
“The opening of the BioAmber Sarnia facility is key to the development of Sarnia’s unique bio-industrial complex, delivering good jobs, significant exports, and diverse markets for Ontario farmers with the full support of the Government of Ontario.”
Deputy Premier, President of the Treasury Board and Minister Responsible for the Poverty Reduction Strategy
“After looking at more than 100 potential sites, we chose Sarnia for this significant investment. We are excited for this facility to begin operation to help us supply our customers in the US, EU and Asia during this period of rapid growth.”
President and CEO, BioAmber Inc.
The following video presents BioAmber Bio-Succinic Acid Plant Construction – Sarnia, Ontario, Canada:
“BioAmber’s Sarnia manufacturing facility is the world’s largest bio-succinic acid production plant in the world. It will produces 30,000 metric tons of Bio-SA per year, with 100% greenhouse gas reduction compared to petrochemical production.
Construction began in the fall of 2013, and was mechanically completed in June, 2015. It is the result of 630,000 man hours with no time lost due to injury. Approximately 300 construction jobs and 60 full-time jobs were created by the project. The majority of plant operators are graduates from Lambton College.”
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- You’re Invited: Canon C300 Mark II Workshop at No Cost in Burbank, California August 13, 2015 (FREE admission)
- You’re Invited: “Olympus Street Photography with Mike Boening” Seminar at No Cost in Toronto, Canada August 22, 2015 (FREE admission)
- Please Urge Ontario to Raise ODSP Rates: Join ‘Stroll & Roll to Freedom’ March on July 7, 2015 UPDATE: Due to unfavourable weather forecast, this event was postponed. The new date of the march will be determined)
- Nature Canada’s 2015 Photo Contest for Canada: Submit Your Canadian Nature Photos before 11:59 p.m. ET on August 3 for Second Early Bird Prize & before 11:59 p.m. ET on August 14 for Contest Prizes
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- “Water’s Edge”: Public Exhibition of Large-scale Photographs About Global Fresh Water Supplies: Photography Auction June 24 – July 8 + Public Opening Reception & Exhibition 9 July-16 August + V.I.P. Reception & Silent Auction 9 July + No.9 Fresh Water Symposium 10 July 2015 (Toronto: FREE admissions for Public Opening Reception & Exhibition)
- Olympus Europe Invites You: Olympus Photography Playground at No Cost in Munich 25 Aug. – 20 Sept. and Vienna 25 Sept. – 4 Oct. 2015: Borrow the OM-D Camera at No Cost (FREE admission + FREE loan of camera)
- You’re Invited: “Home Field Advantage: Toronto’s Summer Sporting Sites” Exhibition of Historic Photographs Runs to Sept.26 at No Cost: To Celebrate TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games July 10 – Aug.14 (FREE Admission for Exhibition)
- #OlympusSummerSelfie Competition Prize is Olympus Tough TG-860 Camera for the UK: Three Entry Periods to Share Each Summer Selfie With #OlympusSummerSelfie and a Comment: June (Submit Before 28 June), July, and August 2015
- Canon #PrintWithCanonSweeps Photo Sweepstakes for USA and District of Columbia; 13 Years of Age or Older: Submit Entries Before 11:59 P.M. ET. Aug.31, 2015
- Canon MAXIFY Mentors Contest for Small Businesses That are Five Years Old or Less & Have Nine or Less Employees in USA & D.C.: Submit Entries before 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2015
- 2015 Sigma Superfan Contest: Monthly Prizes for Certain Sigma Product Owners in the USA and D.C.: Share Your Photos and #SigmaSuperfan Story Before 5pm ET on Nov.16, 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Fujifilm’s Technology in Photo Development Will Be Used to Develop a Rapid Diagnostic System for Ebola Virus Disease
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9,2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- Leica Gallery Los Angeles: Opening Reception July 16 for Helen K. Garber “Undulations” Exhibition and Henthorne “Between Worlds” Exhibition: July 16 – August 31, 2015
- You’re Invited: “Light, Paper, Process: Reinventing Photography” Exhibition @ No Cost, The Getty Center, Los Angeles: Continues to Sept.6, 2015
- Newseum’s ‘Reporting Vietnam’: New Exhibit of Powerful Photos & News Footage for the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War: May 22, 2015 – Sept. 12, 2016 (in Washington, D.C., USA; Kids’ Admission is FREE from July 1 to Sept. 7, 2015 )
- You’re Invited: Visa pour l’Image 2015 Exhibitions, Screenings, Symposium, ‘Meet the Photographers’ Sessions Aug.29 – Sept.13, 2015 @ No Cost in Perpignan, France
- The Photographers’ Gallery Invites You: “Shirley Baker: Women, Children and Loitering Men” Exhibition at No Cost before 12:00 Daily, 17 Jul – 20 Sep 2015: Rare Colour Photos of the Working Class in Manchester & Salford of Late Twentieth Century Britain (FREE admission in the UK)
- 500px Fujifilm Global Photo Walk: Join Thousands of Photographers on September 26, 2015 to “Celebrate Their Local Communities Through Their Love for Photography” at No Cost (FREE admission)
- Prestigious Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2015 Annouces Winners: Exhibition of Winners & Shortlisted Photographers in London at No Cost (Until 7 June) and in Frankfurt (20 June – 20 September)
- Panasonic UK: #4KLumix Photo Walks Using 4K Lumix Cameras @ National Trust Properties: Experience the Lumix 4K PHOTO, May – September 2015 (in the UK)
- You’re Invited: ‘In Focus: Animalia’ Exhibition @ The Getty Center, Los Angeles: @ No Cost, May 26 – Oct.18, 2015
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- NASA’s New Horizons Spacecraft is Snapping Pluto Photos Via the LORRI Telescopic Camera and Ralph’s Color Camera: Closest Approach to Pluto Occurs on July 14, 2015
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use (FREE)
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- New NIKON IMAGE SPACE App Renewal at No Charge: Benefits Include Seeing Images Larger & Browsing Images Stored on Your Smart Device (FREE online photo sharing service + FREE renewal of smart device app for “NIKON IMAGE SPACE”)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Aimia | AGO Photography Prize Announces 2015 Shortlist: Public Votes For C$50,000 Winner on Sept.15, 2015
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Entries to Be Submitted by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 4 Dec. 2015 for Student Focus, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 5 Jan.2016 for Open, Youth & National, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 12 Jan 2016 for Professional
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Scarborough Subway Project Assessment-Line 2 Extension: Public Consultations Jan.31 & Feb.2, 2015 + Online Feedback
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians