The following video presents First Ministers Meeting:
- Provincial premiers met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- “Canada warming at twice the global rate, scientists tell premiers conference”
- For the full story, please visit http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-first-ministers-meet-climate-change-1.3331290 .
This is an update to the previous blog, Canada’s Environment and Climate Change Minister Will Attend the 2015 Paris Climate Conference COP21, November 30 – December 11: To “work with our international partners on the adoption of an effective climate change agreement and in the transformation towards a low-carbon, climate resilient global economy.
Yesterday, the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, hosted a First Ministers’ Meeting with provincial and territorial Premiers to discuss the country’s strategy to fight climate change.
- The Prime Minister has committed to holding annual First Ministers’ Meetings, and to open and continuous dialogue with each provincial and territorial Premier, in service to the people of their province or territory.
- COP21, also known as the Paris Climate Conference, will be held November 30 to December 11, 2015, in Paris, France, and is the culmination of four years of negotiations towards a new global climate agreement.
- COP21 will see Canada engaging with other countries in negotiations towards the adoption of a new international climate change agreement. The Prime Minister has invited all provincial and territorial leaders to attend, as well as the federal Opposition leaders and Green Party leader Elizabeth May.
“The challenges we face as a country require a true partnership between the federal government and the provinces and territories, which can only be achieved by sitting down together and engaging in an open and continuous dialogue. I have the deepest respect for our Premiers, and for the knowledge and range of perspectives they bring to the table. It is exciting to engage with them today on the pressing issues of climate change and the resettlement of Syrian refugees, and I look forward to regular collaboration on a range of issues important to Canadians.”
– Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario – 23 November 2015
Prime Minister to travel to the United Kingdom, attend Commonwealth meeting in Malta, and climate conference in France
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced that he will travel to Europe for various bilateral and multilateral meetings. In London, United Kingdom, the Prime Minister will have an audience with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, and will meet with his counterpart David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, on November 25, 2015. He will then travel to Valletta, Malta, to attend the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), being held from November 27 to 29, 2015.
Following CHOGM, the Prime Minister will travel to Paris, France, from November 29 to 30, 2015, for a bilateral meeting with President François Hollande. Finally, while in Paris, the Prime Minister will attend the Leaders’ Event of the 21st session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 21) under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. He will be joined by the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Stéphane Dion.
During their meeting in London, the Prime Minister and his U.K. counterpart will discuss key issues including the coalition against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, the situation in Syria, the refugee crisis, and Ukraine. They will also discuss the implementation of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
At CHOGM 2015, the Prime Minister will participate in discussions focused on ways to make a positive difference to the lives of the more than two billion people living in Commonwealth countries. Topics will include climate change, economic opportunity, violent extremism and radicalization, migration, gender equality and women’s empowerment, as well as the implementation of “Transforming our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.”
In Paris, during his meeting with President François Hollande prior to COP 21, the Prime Minister will discuss the implementation of CETA, pressing global issues such as the situation in Syria and the migration crisis, and he will reiterate Canada’s priorities for the COP 21 climate conference in Paris.
For the first time in over 20 years of United Nations negotiations, COP 21 is expected to result in the adoption of a new international climate change agreement in which all countries will commit to action. The Prime Minister will deliver a national statement highlighting Canada’s commitment to working with international partners to reduce carbon emissions and grow a climate-resilient global economy.
The Prime Minister has invited Premiers to accompany him to Paris, demonstrating Canada’s intention to work in partnership with the provinces and territories to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and position Canada as a global leader in the fight against climate change.
“The Commonwealth plays a key role in promoting democracy, peaceful pluralism, inclusive and accountable governance, and sustainable development around the world. I look forward to working with my fellow Commonwealth leaders to address important issues affecting our societies, including climate change, economic opportunity, violent extremism and radicalization, and ending child, early, and forced marriage.”
– Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
“Climate change is an immediate and significant threat to our communities and our economy. Canada will demonstrate real leadership in addressing this challenge. I look forward to partnering with provinces and territories – and all parties – to achieve an ambitious international climate agreement at COP 21 for our and all future generations.”
– Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- The Commonwealth is the world’s oldest political association of sovereign states. The organization brings together 53 countries that account for a combined population of 2.3 billion and almost 30 per cent of the world’s population.
- CHOGM takes place every two years, where leaders address issues affecting the Commonwealth and international community. Canada hosted CHOGM 1973 in Ottawa and CHOGM 1987 in Vancouver.
- At CHOGM 2015, under the theme “The Commonwealth: Adding Global Value,” Heads of Government will reaffirm their commitment to upholding the Commonwealth Charter, which focuses on democracy, human rights, the rule of law, as well as economic opportunity and sustainable development. It will also be a venue to discuss how the Commonwealth can add value in addressing global challenges.
- The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change was adopted in 1992 at the Rio Earth Summit to coordinate international efforts to address climate change. Canada is one of 195 countries that are parties to this convention.
- COP 21 is the culmination of four years of negotiations toward a new global climate change agreement, with the aim of keeping global warming below two degrees Celsius.
- As the host of COP 21, France has launched an active, inclusive agenda that brings both state and non-state actors together to accelerate cooperative climate change action.
- Canada’s Action on Climate Change
- Canada and the Commonwealth
- CHOGM Malta 2015
- The Commonwealth
- COP 21
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
The following video presents COP21/CMP11 official video (English subtitles):
“In 2015, France will be hosting and presiding the 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21/CMP11), otherwise known as “Paris 2015” which will take place in Paris-Le Bourget from 30th of November to 11th of December 2015.”
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- Canada’s Environment and Climate Change Minister Will Attend the 2015 Paris Climate Conference COP21, November 30 – December 11: To “work with our international partners on the adoption of an effective climate change agreement and in the transformation towards a low-carbon, climate resilient global economy”
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Open Letter to Canadians: “For the first time in our country’s history – there will be an equal number of women and men around the Cabinet table”
- You’re Invited: Toronto’s First Accessible Photowalk on November 28, 2015 & Prizes Include the FUJIFILM X-T10 Camera Kit (FREE admission)
- Panasonic Lumix Cameras are Prizes for Newark Happening Quick Click! Photo Competition for Persons Who are 5 Years or Older Including Professionals: Submit Your Photos of Greater Newark Area in New Jersey, USA & Info Before 11:59 am ET on Dec.1, 2015
- Nikon Canada’s Inaugural Nikon Professional Services Member Exhibition Tour 2015 Showcases Amazing Photographs from Talented Canadian Photographers and Members
- Canon + Imaging Mind + EyeEm: Photo Hack Day 4 Berlin is a 24-Hour Coding Marathon/Contest for Developers, Designers & Photographers from Europe to Rapidly Prototype New Photo Apps, 28 – 29 November: Public Demo Day is 29 November 2015
- Aimia | AGO Photography Prize Exhibition Opens Sept.9 in Toronto, Canada; Voting Begins in Person Sept.9 and Online Sept.15 and Closes at 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 29, 2015 (FREE admissions)
- Fujifilm X Series 5th Year Anniversary Celebration: “FUJIFILM X World Photo Gallery” Exhibition in Tokyo Midtown, Japan, in January 2016 + Contest for X Series Users: Submit Your Favorite Photo Taken on an X Series Camera before 11:59 p.m. JST November 30, 2015
- Samsung Canada Calling Students in Grades 6 to 12 in Canadian Schools to Enter the Solve for Tomorrow Education Challenge Before Nov.30, 2015: Two Grand Prize Winning Schools Will Win $500,000 in Classroom Technology & More
- You’re Invited: The Nikon Museum at No Cost Will Open from October 17, 2015 to Showcase and Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Nikon’s Foundation in 2017 (FREE admission in Tokyo, Japan)
- Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival in Toronto, Canada: Call for the CONTACT 2016 Featured Exhibition Proposals (Deadline is Nov.16, 2015) and Open Exhibition Registrations (Deadline is Dec.4, 2015): Reduced Fee for Early Registration is Available Until Nov.6, 2015
- You’re Invited: ‘Carry Less, Create More – A Photowalk’ with Panasonic Lumix Luminary Giulio Sciorio in New York, NY USA on 6 December 2015, at No Cost: Panasonic Will Loan Lumix Cameras & Lenses to Attendees (FREE event)
- Olympus Perspective Playground Paris 2015, 28 October– 25 November & Perspective Playground Photo Contest For Natural Residents of Metropolitan France, 28 October to 31 December 2015
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Entries to Be Submitted by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 4 Dec. 2015 for Student Focus, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 5 Jan.2016 for Open, Youth & National, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 12 Jan 2016 for Professional
- 2016 World Press Photo Contest for Professional Photographers & Photojournalists: Submit Your Work Online on 2 December 2015 or Before 13 January 2016, 23.59 CET
- Environmental Defence Canada: Please Urge Premier Wynne to Tell the National Energy Board That Ontario Rejects the Energy East Pipeline
- Please Urge Ontario to Raise ODSP Rates: Join ‘Stroll & Roll to Freedom’ March on July 7, 2015 UPDATE: Due to unfavourable weather forecast, this event was postponed. The new date of the march will be determined)
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- A Stratasys 3D Printed Model of Five-year-old Mia Gonzalez’s Heart Was Used to Help the Surgical Team to Optimally Visualize a Specific Heart Structure in Order to Perform Mia’s Successful Surgery at Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, USA
- Sony Ranked First Among Japanese Companies in Performance & Information Disclosure in Combating Climate Change in the CDP Japan 500 Climate Change Report 2015
- Sony Pledges to #ActOnClimate and Aims for a Zero Environmental Footprint Throughout the Lifecycle of Their Products & Business Activities by 2050
- Ricoh is the Official Partner of the United Nation’s COP21 Climate Conference in Paris-Le Bourget from 30 November to 11 December, 2015
- Ricoh Joins ‘American Business Act on Climate Pledge’ to Reduce the Company’s Total Lifecycle of CO2 Emissions by 30% by 2020 and by 87.5% by 2050 from the 2000 Level
- Canon Develops Multi-Person Tracking Technology for Video Content Analysis Plug-In for Network Cameras: “Big Brother is Watching You” To Inform Marketing & Service About the Pedestrian Numbers, Genders & Ages, Congestion & Crowd Detection: To Be Available in 2016
- Intel Security: Most Hackable Gifts of the Holidays 2015 + Tips to Help Ensure Holiday Gifts Remain Secure
- Intel Security Reveals the Most Dangerous Global & Canadian Cyber Celebrities of 2015 Exposing Internet Searchers to Viruses and Malware: McAfee WebAdvisor is Available at No Cost (FREE software)
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: New Consumer Security Services Include True Key App by Intel Security to Keep Connected Consumers Safe from Online Threats: Available Now (FREE True Key App)
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Panasonic Vietnam Celebrated Five Years Anniversary of Panasonic Risupia Vietnam + Panasonic Vietnam and National Fund for Children Signed a New Donation Agreement for 2015
- Canon Makes a Donation to the Central Community Chest of Japan to Aid in the Relief Efforts for the Flood Victims of Typhoon Etau in Early September 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9, 2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- BioAmber Opens World’s Largest Bio-succinic Acid Manufacturing Facility in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada: Renewable & Greener Alternatives to Petrochemicals That are Derived from Oil, Which Can Be Used in Everyday Products Including Plastics, Food Additives & Personal Care Products
- Getting Good Exposure Online is a Challenge for Canadian Small Businesses: GoDaddy’s National Canadian Small Business Survey 2015
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Ontario’s New Protection Plans for Sources of Water for Canadians: CTC Source & Halton-Hamilton Source: Effective Dec. 31, 2015
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine for Children Aged Two to 17 at No Cost in Ontario, Canada, Starting Oct.26, 2015
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Olympus “Test & Wow” Program for the UK: Try Certain Olympus Cameras and Lenses for a Full 24-hour Day at No Cost (Try for FREE)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- Nikon: Updated “NIKKOR & ACC” App: Now Available to Download for iPad (Version 1.1.0) / Android Tablet (Version 1.0.1) at No Cost (FREE App)
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- New Panasonic-Created Cloud Service Toolkit (CST) to Power IoT Infrastructure: CST is Available Royalty-Free for Qualifying Open-Source Projects or Paid License for Commercial Use
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use(FREE)
- Google Maps: New Street View App for Android and iOS: For the First Time You Can Tour Immersive 360-degree Imagery & Instantly Contribute Your Own to Google Maps
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Fujifilm Camera Remote App (Updated: Sep. 24, 2015 Version: 1.2.0): Now Compatible With iOS9 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Users (FREE app)
- New NIKON IMAGE SPACE App Renewal at No Charge: Benefits Include Seeing Images Larger & Browsing Images Stored on Your Smart Device (FREE online photo sharing service + FREE renewal of smart device app for “NIKON IMAGE SPACE”)
- Canon PERSTEXT – New Version iOS App: To Design Your Photos with Text in Perspective + 12 New Filters + Enhanced Text Editing Functions: Now Available at No Cost (FREE)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony Alpha Cameras: New “α Universe” Community Website to Engage, Empower and Inspire Photo & Video Enthusiasts
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Beautiful Fall Colours of Ontario’s Provincial Parks, Canada: Get “Ontario Parks Fall Colour” Report
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Scarborough Subway Project Assessment-Line 2 Extension: Public Consultations Jan.31 & Feb.2, 2015 + Online Feedback
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians